Browsing Data in Well-Known Folders on a Laptop Client
You can browse the contents of well-known folders, like document and picture libraries from a laptop client computer on the Web Console.
On Mac laptops, you can view and browse the items in the Photos app along with the Pictures folder in the Web Console.
Before You Begin
Review the following requirements:
- The client computer on which you wanted to browse the well-known folders must be a laptop client computer that uses v2 indexing.
For instructions on changing a client to laptop client, see Setting the Laptop Status on Clients.
For upgrading a client to use v2 indexing, see Upgrading Client Indexing with the Upgrade to Indexing V2 Workflow.
Note: On non-laptop clients, to browse the contents, you must navigate to the actual path where the well-known folder resides on the client computer. For example, c:/users/administrator/documents.
- Verify that you have backed up the well-known folders. For instructions, see Adding Well Known Folders to Backups for Laptop Backup.
- You must have a user account assigned to the client computer. You can browse the well-known folders of the user account that you assign. For instructions, see Assigning a User Account.
- From the Web Console, go to My Data.
- On the Computers tab, click Restore for the computer that contains the data you want to browse.
Alternatively, you can click Settings for the computer containing the data that you want to browse, and then under the Restore section, click Select Files .
- Click Libraries , and then click the well-known folder that you want to browse.
You can view the backed up contents for the selected folder on the page.
- Optional: To view the contents of a file in preview mode, click the file.
- Optional: To view information about a file, such as the name of the file or the date that the file was most recently modified, click the Show information pane button .
Last modified: 7/25/2019 4:52:24 PM