Updating Roles Configured on an Index Server
The Index Server roles support specific operations for various Commvault products and features. After you add an Index Server, you can add or remove roles configured on the Index Server.
Warning: If you remove a role from the Index Server, then the data associated with that role is also deleted from the Index Server. Before removing the role, ensure that you no longer require the data associated with that role.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computer Groups > Index Servers.
- Right-click the Index Server you want to configure, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties for Index Server dialog box appears.
- On the Roles tab, click Add.
The Select Index Server Role dialog box appears.
- To add one or more roles to the Index Server, select the roles in the Exclude box, and then click Include.
- To remove roles from the Index Server, select the roles in the Include box, and then click Exclude.
Alternatively, you can remove roles from the Roles tab by selecting the role and clicking Remove.
- Verify that only the roles that you want to configure on the Index Server appear in the Include box, and then click OK.
Added roles appear in the Roles tab with the status Not Configured. Roles that you removed no longer appear in the Roles tab.
- Optional: To manually configure new roles, select the role and then click Configure.
A message that the configuration was successful appears and the status of the role changes to Configured.
- Click OK.
Roles are configured automatically by the software.
Last modified: 9/21/2020 9:27:10 PM