Changing the Java Maximum Memory for an Index Store Node
The Index Store client uses a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) to perform indexing and analytics operations. You can change the maximum amount of system memory that the Index Store JVM can use on the client from the Index Server configurations in the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
- Install an Index Store client and add the Index Server entity to your CommCell environment. For information, see Getting Started with Installing Index Store and Adding an Index Server.
- Make sure that the value you select does not exceed the physical amount of available memory on the client.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computer Groups > Index Servers, right-click the Index Server with the Index Store that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties for Index Server dialog box appears.
- On the Nodes tab, under Nodes, select the Index Store node, and then click Edit.
The Cloud Node Configuration dialog box appears.
- In Java Max Memory (MB), enter or select a new value in megabytes for the maximum amount of memory that the Index Store JVM can use.
For example, to change the memory maximum to 4 GB, enter 4096.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 9/21/2018 6:49:26 PM