Verifying the Default Configurations
As of Version 11 SP10, Commvault does not sell the A600, A410 or the A210 Appliance anymore. You can purchase the Commvault HyperScale 1.5 instead. For more information, see Commvault HyperScale 1.5.
After changing the Windows administrator password for the Commvault Appliance A410 or A210, you must launch the Simpana console and verify the components that are installed and configured by default.
Before You Begin
Ensure that you have changed the Windows administrator password as described in Changing Windows Administrator Password for the Commvault Appliance A410 or A210.
- On the desktop, double-click the Commvault CommCell Console icon.
By default, you do not require any user credentials to log on to the Simpana Console. However, you can set specific user credentials to log on to the CommCell Console. For more information, see Creating a New User.
- On the Simpana Console, verify the following components:
- Virtual Server agent : (From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > Virtual Server).
- Disk Library : (From the CommCell Browser, expand Storage Resources>Libraries>DiskStorageLibrary).
The disk library is created and mount volumes are mounted on C:\DiskStorage as the mount point
- Global deduplication storage policy and a the deduplication storage policy copy - (From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies>Storage Policies>GDSP_DiskStorageLibrary).
Global deduplication storage policy and a deduplication storage policy copy are created with deduplication database file path under C:\DiskStorage\Dedupe.
Note: If you installed the Commvault Appliance A410 or A210 MediaAgent on a non-Commvault Appliance A410 or A210 CommServe, then the global deduplication storage policy and deduplication storage policy copy are not created by default.
- Windows and UNIX packages and updates are available in the C:\Program Files\Commvault\Simpana\SoftwareCache location.
What to Do Next
After verifying the default components, configure the Virtual Server Agent.
For more information, see Configuring the Virtual server Agent.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 10:00:59 PM