Creating Data Cube Data Sets
Use Data Cube data sets to collect the information you use to build charts, tables, and dynamic inputs.
You can also create a Data Cube data set directly from a data source by using the Analytics application on Web Console. For information about creating a report from a Data Cube data source, see Adding Reports for a Data Source.
Before You Begin
- Create a data set using Data Cube in the Analytics application on Web Console. For information and instructions, see Getting Started with Data Cube.
- To create an embedded data set, your CommCell user account requires a role with the following permissions and associations:
- Add Report permission and an association with the CommCell entity
- Query Datasource permission and an association with the Data Source entity that you will use
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- On Web Console, click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- Create a new report, or open an existing report:
- To create a new report, from the navigation pane, click Configuration > Reports, and then click New Report.
- To open an existing report and add a new data set to it, from the navigation pane, click Configuration > Reports, and then in the report row, under Actions, click Edit.
- For a new report, on the Report Builder page, in the Report Name box, type a name for the report, and in the Description box, type a short description of the report.
- On the Data Sets tab, click Add .
The Add Data Set dialog box appears.
- On the Query tab, in the upper right, select Data Cube.
- In the Source Type list, select the type of data source you want to use.
- In the Data Sets list, select the name of a data set.
The name of the data set from Data Cube appears in the Data Set Name box.
- In the Handlers list, select the name of a handler.
- Click Preview to review the output.
- Click Done.
The data set you created appears under Data Sets.
What to Do Next
- If you are creating a report: Building and Deploying Reports.
- If you are creating a dynamic input: Adding Inputs to Reports.
Last modified: 12/11/2018 9:48:25 PM