Configuring Offline Data Collection in Build Your Own Reports
You can configure a data set to collect data offline. After you deploy a report that includes that data set, the report is saved as a query on the Private Metrics Reporting Server, and then each CommServe computer downloads the query from the Private Metrics Reporting Server. On each CommServe computer, the query collects data and pushes data back to the Private Metrics Reporting Server, according to the frequency settings you configure.
Alternatively, you can turn on the Direct Collection option, which allows the query on the Private Metrics Reporting Server to pull data directly from each CommServe computer, instead of waiting for the CommServe computers to push the data to the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
You can deploy a report for offline data collection directly after building. Additionally, you can configure other, existing reports that appear on the Web Console for offline data collection. When you view the report at the Worldwide level on the Web Console, data from all CommServe computers in your environment appear.
Before You Begin
- Build and Deploy a Report
- To create data sets, build reports, manage reports, and deploy reports to the dashboard, your CommCell user account requires a role with the following permissions: Add Report, Delete Report, Edit Report, Execute Report, Add Datasource, Delete Datasource, Edit Datasource, Query Datasource.
- Your CommCell user account must have an association with the CommCell entity.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- On Web Console, click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- To open a report where you have already added a data set, from the navigation pane, click Configuration > Reports, and next to the Report Name under Actions, click Edit.
- On the Data Sets tab, select a data set, and then click Edit .
The Edit Data Set dialog box appears.
- On the Advanced tab, select Offline Data Collection, and then configure the data collection settings:
- Beside Query runs on, select the software versions that you want to be able to run the query.
- To configure data retention for the report, in The collected data for the data set will be retained on the Reporting Server for N days box, enter the number of days to retain report data on the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
- To allow the Private Metrics Reporting Server to pull data directly from the CommServe computers instead of waiting for the CommServe computers to push data to the Private Metrics Reporting Server, select Direct Collection.
- To specify a data collection schedule for this report query, select Collection Frequency, and in the box, enter the number of minutes to wait between data collection operations.
This setting overrides the data collection frequency setting in the CommCell Console Control Panel.
- Click Done to close the Edit Data Set dialog box.
- Click Save.
- Click Deploy.
Last modified: 2/20/2020 9:16:42 PM