Configuring Card Components in the Report Builder
When you add a card component component to a report, you can configure additional options.
Before You Begin
- Build a Report
- To build and deploy reports, your CommCell user account requires a role with the Add Report permission and an association with the CommCell entity.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- On the Web Console for the Private Metrics Reporting Server, click Reports.
The Worldwide Dashboard appears.
- To open a report where you have already added a data set, from the navigation pane, click Configuration > Reports, and next to the Report Name under Actions, click Edit.
- Optional: If your report has multiple pages, click the tab for the page that you want to edit.
- Drag Card Component to the Drop components to build the report box.
- From the Data Sets list, drag an alphabetic-type field name to the Drop column here box.
- Select the component, and on the Properties tab, click General , and configure any of the chart settings.
The following table lists the properties you can change:
Perform action under General
Specify the location of the card caption
From the Caption Position list, select Top or Bottom.
Change the card caption
In the Card Caption box, type a title for the count.
Specify the alignment of the count
From the Alignment list, select Center, Left, or Right.
Change the color of the caption text
Click Caption Color, and in the Color dialog box, select a color, and then click OK.
Change the color of the count
Click Count Color, and in the Color dialog box, select a color, and then click OK.
Select who can view the component
From the Visible list, select any one of the following options:
- All: To allow everyone see the component, select this option.
- CommCell Admin: To allow only CommCell administrators see the component, select this option.
- Tenant Admin: To allow only only tenant administrators see the component, select this option.
For example, to allow MSP users see the component, in the Visible Expression box, enter := return cv.isMspUser.
- On the Properties tab, click Fields , and configure any of the chart settings:
- Specify the type of numeric value to display in the count, in the Aggregate list, select one of the available options, such as Distinct or Count.
- To remove a field from the component, under Field, next to the field name, click Remove Measure .
- To configure settings in Formatter, see Formatting Data in Components for Build Your Own Reports.
- To configure settings under Format Options, see Configuring Custom Code and Custom Styles for Reports.
- To save this version of your report specification in the Reports Manager, at the top of the Report Builder page, click Save.
- To make the report available to end users on the Reports page, at the top of the page, click Deploy.
Last modified: 11/23/2020 7:58:37 AM