Limiting User Access to Report Data
You can limit the report information that users see by including some additional lines in both built-in queries and custom queries. When you include these lines, users who view the report will see data only from the CommCell clients that they have access to.
Before You Begin
- To create data sets, build reports, manage reports, and deploy reports to the dashboard, your CommCell user account requires a role with the following permissions: Add Report, Delete Report, Edit Report, Execute Report, Add Datasource, Delete Datasource, Edit Datasource, Query Datasource.
- Your CommCell user account must have an association with the CommCell entity.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- On Web Console, click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- From the navigation pane, click Configuration > Reports, and next to the Report Name under Actions, click Edit.
- On the Dataset tab, select the main data set for the report and click Edit .
- In the Query For Table Data box, add lines that query from the UMUsers table, as shown in the following example:
select C.name, C.net_hostname from APP_Client C, UMUsers U
where dbo.isClientVisible(U.id,c.id, 0,0,0,0) = 1
and U.login = @sys_username
- Click Verify Query to test that the query works with user security.
Last modified: 4/23/2018 8:50:58 PM