Getting Started with the Command Line Interface
To use the command line interface, you must log on with the qlogin command. After you log on, you can run multiple commands without logging on again (by default, the timeout for each logon session is 14 days). The example below uses qoperation execute and an XML input file to demonstrate logging on and executing a command to perform a full backup of a File System subclient.
- If you are not logged on to the CommServe computer, run the qlogin command.
- Download the backup_template.xml file to the computer where you will run the command.
- On the command line, go to software_installation_directory/Base, and then type the following command:
qoperation execute -af backup_template.xml -appName 'File System' -clientName client -backupsetName backupset -subclientName subclient -backupLevel FULL
where clientName, backupsetName and subclientName are the parameters for the client, backup set and subclient names where the data to be backed up resides.
Note: You can also define parameter values in the backup_template.xml file instead of on the command line. For more information on command line parameters and XML elements, see Command Syntax for XML Commands.
- Verify the status of the job using the following command:
qlist job –j JOBID
- To log off the CommServe computer, run the qlogout command.
Last modified: 5/2/2019 2:03:24 PM