Creating a Client Computer Group
You can create a client computer group and manually move client computers into the group. After your clients are grouped, you can manage the group instead of individual clients. For example, you can apply security associations to the group. For information on applying security associations, see Administering the Security Associations of an Entity.
Before You Begin
You must have appropriate permissions to create a client computer group. For information on permissions, see User Security Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computer Groups and then click New Group.
The Create New Client Group dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Group Name box, type a name for the new computer group, and in the Description box, type a description.
- Click Manual Association.
- In the All clients list, press the Ctrl key and select the clients to add to the group.
- Click Include > to move the selected clients to the Clients in this group list.
- After the selected clients appear in the Clients in this group list, click OK.
You can view the new client computer group under the Client Computer Groups node.
Last modified: 3/16/2020 7:30:30 PM