Creating a Smart Server Group
Smart server groups are created using predefined rules. Based on these rules, existing or new client computers are automatically added to the Smart server group. Clients are automatically removed from a Smart server group if they no longer meet the criteria defined in the rules.
Note: A Smart server group can also be automatically created when a new organization is created. For more information, see Creating an Organization.
Before You Begin
If you select Clients of User, then the user defined in the scope, must have the following permissions:
- The Agent Management permission on the servers that will be automatically added to the Smart server group.
- If the user does not have permission on a server, the server is not added to the Smart server group even if it meets the criteria defined in the rules.
For the permissions needed to add servers to or remove servers from a server group, see User Security Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computer Groups and then click New Group.
The Create New Client Group dialog box appears.
- In the Group Name box, type a name for the group, and in the Description box, type a brief description.
- Select the Automatic Association check box.
- In the Client Scope section, select the scope and the relevant CommCell, company, user, or user group.
Select Clients of Companies, and CVLT.
- Under Rule Group, click Add Rule Group and add a rule for each agent.
- Select Agents Installed, any in selection, and DB2.
- Select Agents Installed, any in selection, and Oracle.
For a list of all of the available rules, see Rules Available for Smart server groups.
- From the Match list, click Any.
- To view the clients that will be grouped according to your rule, click Preview.
- In the Preview Results dialog box, click Close.
- Click OK to create the Smart server group.
The server group is available under the Client Computer Groups node. To see the clients that were added to the server group, right-click the server group and then click All Tasks > Refresh.
Last modified: 3/4/2020 7:12:06 PM