Changing the Scope of a Smart Client Computer Group
You can change the scope of a smart client computer group to another CommCell, domain, organization, user, or a user group.
To see a list of client computer groups and the configured scopes, from the CommCell Browser, click the Client Computer Groups node.
About This Task
If you select Clients of User, then the user defined in the scope, must have the following permissions:
- The Agent Management permission on the servers that will be automatically added to the Smart server group.
- If the user does not have permission on a server, the server is not added to the Smart server group even if it meets the criteria defined in the rules.
For the permissions needed to add servers to or remove servers from a server group, see User Security Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the client_computer_group, and then click Properties.
The Client Group dialog box appears. When Automatic Association is selected, the current scope is displayed in the Client Scope section.
- Select the new scope and the relevant CommCell, company, user, or user group. For example:
- Select Clients of User and User1.
- Under Rule Group, click add rule group and add a new rule. For example:
- Select Client, equal to, and MediaAgent.
Or, click remove rule group and remove a configured rule.
- To view the clients that will be grouped according to your rule, click Preview.
- In the Preview Results dialog box, click Close.
- Click OK.
Clients are added to the client computer group, or removed from the client computer group, based on the modified client scope and the security permissions assigned to you.
Last modified: 8/28/2019 4:00:54 PM