Changing the Scope of a Smart Client Computer Group
You can change the scope of a smart client computer group to another CommCell, domain, organization, user, or a user group.
To see a list of client computer groups and the configured scopes, from the CommCell Browser, click the Client Computer Groups node.
About This Task
You must define the client scope of the smart client computer group. You can choose one of the following client scopes:
- Clients in this CommCell - All the clients in the CommCell environment.
- Clients of Companies - All the clients installed by the tenant administrator of the company.
- Clients of User - All the clients installed by the user and all the clients for which the user has security permissions.
- Clients of User Group - All the clients for which the user group has security permissions.
After you select the scope, you can select rules that further filter the client computers added to the group.
If you select Clients of User, then the user defined in the scope, must have the following permissions:
- The Agent Management permission on the client computers that will be automatically added to the smart client computer group.
- If the user does not have permission on a client, the client is not added to the smart client computer group even if it meets the criteria defined in the rules.
For the permissions needed to add clients to or remove clients from a client computer group, see User Security Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the client_computer_group, and then click Properties.
The Client Group dialog box appears. When Automatic Association is selected, the current scope is displayed in the Client Scope section.
- Select the new scope and the relevant CommCell, company, user, or user group. For example:
- Select Clients of User and User1.
- Under Rule Group, click add rule group and add a new rule. For example:
- Select Client, equal to, and MediaAgent.
Or, click remove rule group and remove a configured rule.
- To view the clients that will be grouped according to your rule, click Preview.
- In the Preview Results dialog box, click Close.
- Click OK.
Clients are added to the client computer group, or removed from the client computer group, based on the modified client scope and the security permissions assigned to you.
Last modified: 8/28/2019 4:00:54 PM