Setting Up Multiple Instances of the Workflow Engine
You can set up additional instances of the Workflow Engine on the same computer. This is useful if you want to load-balance workflow operations between two or more CommCell environments.
Before You Begin
- An instance of the Workflow Engine must be already installed on the computer. For instructions, see Installing the Workflow Engine.
- To set up additional instances of the Workflow engine, you must add the bAllowMultiInstances registry key on the computer. For instructions, see the Alternate Method steps in Enabling Multi-Instance Installations.
Perform the following steps for every additional Workflow Engine instance that you want to set up:
- Install a new instance of the Microsoft SQL Server software.
For instructions, see Pre-Installing the Microsoft SQL Server Software on a Non-Cluster Environment.
During the installation, on the Installation Type page, make sure to select the option that performs a new SQL Server installation.
- Add the szUserSQLInstanceName registry key.
The registry key will allow you to specify the name of the new SQL Server instance. For instructions, see Configuring an Existing SQL Instance for Server Packages.
- Install a new instance of the Workflow Engine.
For instructions, see Installing the Workflow Engine.
During the installation, on the Install Instance Selection page, make sure to select Create a new instance.
Last modified: 3/31/2020 6:29:23 PM