Creating Workflow Variables
Variables allow you to hold a specific value type and use it anywhere in the workflow process. For example, you can insert a variable in an activity containing a message to indicate the resulting value of the variable.
The creation of variables is very similar to creation of inputs. However, in terms of usage, they differ: workflow variables are used internally in the Workflow and are never seen by the user during execution. Workflow inputs are exposed to the user during execution as they require a value provided by the user.
You can define the following types of variable:
- other, such as pre-defined CommCell entity types (for example, ClientEntity)
- From the Workflow window, go to the Workflow Properties pane.
- On the Variables tab, click Add.
- In the Variable Name box, type the name of the variable.
- From the Variable Type list, select the type, for example, string.
- To store all processed values in a list, select the Create as list check box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 4/18/2018 9:53:51 PM