Setting Configuration Values
You can enter configuration values to act as variables or to hold information users need to understand the workflow. After the configuration values are created, they are available in the workflow properties dialog box and can be edited there. Users are not prompted to change the values when the workflow is run.
Use configuration values instead of workflow inputs in the following cases:
- Values apply to the workflow the majority of the time it is run
- You do not want to redeploy the workflow when the values change (the workflow version is not updated)
- From the Workflow window, go to the Workflow Properties pane.
- On the Configuration tab, click Add.
The Add workflow configuration dialog box appears.
- In the Variable Name box, type the name of the variable.
- From the Variable Type list, select the type, for example, string.
- To store all processed values in a list, select the Create as list check box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 4/18/2018 9:53:51 PM