Updating the Inputs and Variables on a Workflow Job
When a workflow is run, a job is created and is visible in the Job Controller. You can update workflow inputs and variables from this workflow job so that you do not have to restart the workflow.
Sample Use: If your workflow takes inputs from a user interaction activity, for example PopupInput, and the user enters incorrect information, you can correct the information from the workflow job.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click the Job Controller icon.
- Right-click the running workflow job that you want to update and click Suspend.
- After the workflow job is suspended, right-click the job and click Detail.
The Workflow Process Detail dialog appears.
- On the Properties tab, update the workflow inputs or variables:
- To update inputs, on the Inputs tab, in the Value column for the input, type a value.
- To update variables, on the Variables tab, in the Value column for the variable, type a value.
- Click Save.
The workflow uses the new input or variable in the phases that are active after the input or variable was changed. For example, if a workflow has an upcoming "Email Administrator" phase and you change the administrator's email address, the new email address is used. If the "Email Administrator" phase is complete and you change the administrator's email address, the new email address is not used.
Last modified: 3/31/2020 6:23:21 PM