Pre-Install Business Logic Workflow for Client Registrations
The Pre-Install Business Logic Workflow is a predefined business logic workflow that appends the organization name, client owner, and/or a custom string to the client name, host name, and display name of client whenever a client is registered.
The workflow is automatically executed after a user installs the Commvault software on a new client.
Note: The workflow is not automatically executed when installing the Commvault software in the following situations:
- Adding packages to existing clients
- Installing service pack updates
- Repairing clients or reinstalling the Commvault software
You can use the Pre-Install Business Logic Workflow as a reference model (or template) to help you create your own business logic workflow. However, you can only enable one Pre-Install Business Logic Workflow in your CommCell environment at a time.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Workflows.
- Right-click the Pre Install Business Logic workflow, and then click Properties.
- From the Configuration tab, select the following options to modify the client name, host name, and client display name:
- Append Organization name to Client Name
- Append Organization name to Client Name and Host Name
- Append custom string at the end of Client Name
If you select this option, enter the custom string in the Custom String field. The client name will be modified as <client name>_<custom string>. For example, if the client name is abc and the customer string is xyz, the new client name will be abc_xyz.
- Append Client Owner to Client Name
If you select this option, the client name will be modified as <client name>_<client owner>. For example, if the client name is abc and the client owner is admin, the new client name will be abc_admin.
Note: If you select to both append a custom string and append the client owner to the client name, the client name will be modified as <client name>_<client owner>_<customer string>. Using the examples above, the client name abc would be modified to abc_admin_xyz.
- Use modified Client Name as the client display name
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/11/2019 8:18:03 PM