Check Readiness Workflow
The Demo_CheckReadiness workflow is a pre-defined workflow which allows you to check the connectivity of all the client computers within a client group. The workflow uses the qoperation checkready command to perform the connectivity check, and then sends a summary of the client connectivity results to the Administrator in an e-mail.
This workflow can be manually executed from the CommCell Console. It is useful when you want to verify that all the clients in a client group are online and ready to perform a CommCell operation.
How Does It Work?
This pre-defined workflow automates the following operations:
- Retrieves all the clients from a client group.
- Performs the connectivity check operation for each client computer in the group.
If a client is offline or unreachable, the workflow notifies the corresponding client owners by e-mail to take corrective actions.
- Sends an e-mail to the CommCell administrator with the following information:
- List of clients that failed the connectivity check and that have no associated owners (or the owners have no e-mail address specified).
- List of clients that failed the connectivity check and whose owners were alerted (through e-mail).
- List of clients that passed the connectivity check.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Workflows.
- Right-click Demo_CheckReadiness and then click All Tasks > Execute.
- Select the workflow engine from the Run workflow on list and select the name of the client group from the Value column of the ClientGroupName input.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the workflow job from the Job Controller.
Once the workflow completes, the Administrator receives a summary of the client connectivity results in an e-mail. If one of the clients fails the connectivity check, the client owner receives an e-mail alert.
Last modified: 1/10/2018 9:25:30 PM