Create VM Workflow
The Create VM workflow is a predefined workflow which allows you to execute a command or process, such as installing software, after a user creates a virtual machine on Web Console. For example, you can configure the workflow to automatically add the new virtual machines to an external domain after it is created.
Download this workflow from the Commvault Store. See Download Workflows from Commvault Store.
This workflow can be manually executed from the CommCell Console.
How Does It Work?
This predefined workflow automates the following operations:
- Validates the user credentials.
- Retrieves the virtual machine creation job details.
- Converts the virtual machine attribute as specified.
- Runs a PowerShell command.
- Sends an email with the operations results to the user that executed the workflow.
If the workflow is installed and deployed, you can specify only the Workflow engine name, user credentials for the Workflow engine, and the domain credentials. All other variables, such as jobID are automatically entered, based on the VM Lifecycle Management job.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Workflows.
- Right-click CreateVM and then click All Tasks > Execute.
- Select the workflow engine from the Run workflow on list and specify the value of the following variables:
- In the jobID box, type the create VM job ID number.
- In the Domain box, type the domain address where you want to add the virtual machine.
- In the DomainUser box, type a valid user name for the domain.
- In the DomainUserPassword box, type the matching password for the domain user name.
- In the vmName box, type the name of the virtual machine.
- In the vmGUID box, type the globally unique identifier for the virtual machine.
- In the User box, type a valid user name for the Workflow Engine.
- In the Password box, type the matching password for the user name.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the workflow job from the Job Controller.
Last modified: 1/10/2018 9:27:54 PM