Execute Process on Group Workflow
The Demo_ExecuteProcessOnGroup workflow is a predefined workflow which allows you to execute a command (or process) on each client computer that belongs to a specific client group.
This workflow can be manually executed from the CommCell Console and used in many scenarios. For example, you may have a client group composed of SQL Server clients which need an important update or configuration. By using this workflow, you can push a command to all these clients instead of performing the operation individually on each client.
How Does It Work?
This predefined workflow automates the following operations:
- Retrieves the client computers from the specified client group.
- For each client, the workflow executes the command and collects the results.
- Sends an email with the operations results to the user that executed the workflow.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Workflows.
- Right-click Demo_ExecuteProcessOnGroup and then click All Tasks > Execute.
- Select the workflow engine from the Run workflow on list and enter the value of the following variables in the Value column:
- For the clientGroup input, select the client group that contains the client computers where you want to run the command.
- For the processName input, specify the command (or executable file name) to be executed.
- For the arguments input, specify the options to run the process (if applicable).
- For the startupPath input, specify the location from where the process will be executed (if applicable).
- For the impersonateUserName input, specify the name of the user account with sufficient privileges to execute the command (if applicable).
- For the impersonateUserPassword input, specify the password for the user account.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the workflow job from the Job Controller.
Last modified: 1/10/2018 9:36:06 PM