Refresh CommServe Database Access Key Workflow
The Refresh CommServe Database Access Key workflow generates the password for the Microsoft SQL Server Commvault instance for the CommServe. It updates the new password in an encrypted format in the CommServe registry and in the Workflow Engine and Web Server registries when they are installed remotely. Running the workflow is useful if you need to update SQL Server passwords as part of your company's security protocol.
This workflow can be manually executed from the CommCell Console.
Note: As the workflow generates strong passwords for SQL Server, you don't need to choose a password or input a password before running the workflow.
How Does It Work?
This predefined workflow automates the following operations:
- Changes the password for the SQL instance hosting the CommServe database.
- Updates the encrypted password (access key) in the CommServe registry.
- Updates the encrypted password (access key) in the Workflow Engine and Web Server registries if they are installed remotely (not on the CommServe computer).
- Restarts the services.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Workflows.
- Right-click Refresh CommServe database access key and then click All Tasks > Execute.
The Workflow Options dialog box appears.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the workflow job from the Job Controller.
Last modified: 3/19/2020 4:45:43 AM