Configuring the SQL Server Agent to Back Up the Workflow Engine
If the Workflow Engine is installed on a computer other than the CommServe computer, you must set up a Microsoft SQL Server Agent to back up the Workflow Engine (WFEngine) database.
- On the computer where the Workflow Engine is installed, install the SQL Server Agent:
- To prepare for the installation, review the Preinstallation Checklist for the SQL Server Agent.
- For the installation steps, select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
- Configure the SQL Server Agent to back up the Workflow Engine (WFEngine) database.
- Schedule backups of the Workflow Engine database.
Tip: Perform a full backup of the Workflow Engine database every day and set the retention to five days.
- Plan for a disaster recovery situation.
If the Workflow Engine is installed as a stand-alone configuration, use Disaster Recovery (DR) backups to backup the database. See Performing Disaster Recovery (DR) Backups for more information.
Last modified: 1/10/2018 8:06:38 PM