Available Functions for GxTail
Using the functions that are available in GxTail, you can:
- Configure filtering of log messages based on their content. Supports string match and regular expressions. See Filtering Log Messages by Text.
- Set properties for up to 20 markers. See Setting Marker Properties.
- Find message text in open files or files stored on media. See Finding Message Text.
- Set up named sets of markers and filter criteria to facilitate using them repeatedly. See Marking Message Content and Filtering Messages.
- Get detailed descriptions of error messages. See Looking Up Errors.
- Send log data to coworkers and stakeholders by email. See Sending Filtered Log Data by Email.
- Create and work with snapshots of log files and their context. See Working with Log File Snapshots.
- Extract cabinet (.cab) files into their individual files and automatically open them in GxTail. See Extracting Cabinet Files.
Last modified: 10/10/2018 7:34:56 PM