Performing CommCell Migration
The process of CommCell migration involves exporting and importing metadata that contains records of the client computers and the configurations. The metadata is exported from the source CommCell environment, and then imported to the destination CommCell environment.
Complete the following steps:
- Export the metadata from the source CommCell environment.
- Import the metadata to the destination CommCell environment.
- Register the migrated client computers on the destination CommCell environment.
- The preceding steps do not apply to client computers that have the Virtual Server Agent installed or to CommServe client computers.
To migrate a client computer that has the Virtual Server Agent installed, see CommCell Migration for Clients with Virtual Server Agent.
To migrate a CommServe client computer, see Migrating a CommServe Client.
- Before you can perform CommCell migration, you must submit a request and get approval from the administrator.
For more information, see Enabling CommCell Migration and Global Repository Cell on a CommServe Computer.
Last modified: 2/19/2018 6:01:51 AM