Manually Adding DB2 Instances to the CommCell Console
If you need to manage a database before the manual discovery operation completes, you can manually add a DB2 instance. For more information about the manual discovery operation, see Manually Discovering DB2 Instances.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click DB2, point to All Tasks, and then click New Instance.
The Creating New Instance dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, type the following information:
- In the Instance Name box, type the instance name.
- In the HOME box, type the full path to the DB2 Home directory.
- On the Storage Device tab, enter storage policy information:
- On the Data Backup tab of the Storage Device tab, from the Default Storage Policy list, select the storage policy for data backups.
- On the Log Backup tab of the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy for Log Backups list, select the storage policy for log backups.
- On the Command Line Backup tab, from the Storage Policy for Command line Backup list, select the storage policy to use for Commvault command line backup operations.
- Set the user account for the DB2 application at the instance level. For more information, see User Account Requirements for DB2 and DB2 MultiNode Agents and Changing the User Account for DB2 and DB2 MultiNode Agents at the Instance Level.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/7/2019 7:18:02 PM