Creating a Subclient for a DB2 Online Subclient
In some environments, you cannot shut down a database to perform an offline backup. In such situations, you can perform an online backup, where the database is running during the backup.
Full backups include all the datafiles, tablespaces, and log files. Incremental backups include only the changed data and the log files and are faster to run than full backups.
You can configure the subclient to use the DB2 Advanced Copy Services (ACS) interface. When you use the DB2 ACS interface for an IntelliSnap backup, the Commvault software registers the IntelliSnap backup with the DB2 application catalog.
Note: If you want to perform an IntelliSnap backup of data that is located on a LUN device, the path for the DB2 log files must be on the LUN device or the backup will go to a pending state.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 > Instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click Create Subclient.
The Creating New Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in the Subclient name box, type a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, select the following options:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the Online Subset option.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that you want to use.
- On the Advanced Options tab, select the Backup Log Files check box.
- On the Advanced Options tab, select the log file backup options.
Delete Log Files After check box
Delete the log files after the backup.
This option deletes the log files from the archive log path. You can also delete the log files after a specified time period. For more information, see Setting the Time Used for Deleting Older Archive Logs.
Disable Switch Current Log check box
Disable the log file switch.
If you do not select this option (that is, the switch is on), then the current redo log file is closed (even if it is not filled up completely) and the next redo log file is used for writing using a log switch. The closed redo log file is then archived during the log phase.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, select the following options:
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the engine that matches your snapshot type. For a list of available engines for your array, see Snapshot Engine.
- To use the DB2 ACS interface, select the Use DB2 ACS Interface check box.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/22/2020 8:45:03 PM