Editing a Monitoring Policy Template
You can update the properties (such as parsing criteria) of any of the monitoring policy templates that you created.
Before You Begin
Consider the following limitations when editing a template:
- You cannot edit predefined templates.
- When you edit a template, the change affects only the data that will be indexed after the template change. If you need to keep both new and old log data indexed, we recommend that you create a new template and recreate the monitoring policies that are associated with the template.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Monitoring Policies and click Manage Templates.
- In the Manage Templates dialog box, select the template you want to modify, and then click Edit.
- In the Edit Template dialog box, make the required changes.
- Choose whether to save the changes immediately or to save configuration as a script for future use:
- To save the changes immediately, click OK.
- To save the template configuration in a script that you can run later from the command-line interface, complete the following steps:
- Click Save as Script.
- In the Save as Script dialog box, from the Client list, select the client computer where you want to save the script.
- In the File Path box, specify the location where you want to save the script.
- If the user who is logged into the CommCell Console does not have sufficient privileges to perform the save as script operation, click Use a different user account and enter the name and password of a user account with sufficient privileges.
- Click OK.
The script is saved as an .xml file and .bat file on the client you selected.
To create the template, run the script from the command-line interface. For instructions, see Restoring a Monitoring Policy Template from the Command Line.
Last modified: 11/7/2018 9:33:18 AM