Creating a Monitoring Policy for Log Monitoring
You can create a monitoring policy to track a specific type of logs in your environment. If you need to create a global monitoring policy, see Creating a Global Monitoring Policy for Log Monitoring.
Before You Begin
- Collect the details required to create the policy. For more information, see Planning for Your Monitoring Policy.
- To view the data you collect in the Log Monitoring application, you must set up the Web Console and configure the Index Server before creating the monitoring policy. For more information, see Setting Up the Log Monitoring Application.
- Determine if you want to save the policy configuration in a script that you can run later from the command line interface. This is useful if you want to save the monitoring policy configuration in case the policy is accidentally deleted.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Monitoring Policies and click New Monitoring Policy.
The New Monitoring Policy wizard is displayed.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard.
For information about the options in the wizard, see Monitoring Policy Online Help.
- On the Summary page, choose whether to save the configuration as a script for future use:
- To create the policy immediately, click Finish.
- To save the policy, click Save as Script.
For instructions on saving your policy as a script, see Save as Script Overview.
To create the policy using the script, run the script from the command line interface. For instructions, see Restoring a Monitoring Policy Using the Command Line.
What to Do Next
If you selected Event Raiser as the data capturing type, then the software automatically creates an alert with the name Event Raiser Alert for Monitoring Policy [MonitoringPolicyName]. To receive any email alert notifications, you must enable the alert. For instructions, see Enabling or Disabling Alerts.
Last modified: 1/10/2020 11:34:33 AM