Recovering FreeBSD File System Data
Recover the entire file system data to the same or different client in the event of a disaster.
Before you begin
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | File System.
- Right-click the defaultBackupSet and then click All Tasks |Browse and Restore.
- In the Restore Options dialog box, click the AdvancedOptions tab.
- Select the Starting Path check box and enter the FreeBSD file system path to the data you wish to restore. You can type "/" as the path to restore the entire content.
- Click ViewContent.
- Click Recover All Selected.
- Clear the Restore to same folder check box.
- In the Destination Client list, select the client. If you are mounting the new root file system at /mnt, type or accept "/mnt" as the restore destination in the Specify Destination Path box.
Do not select Unconditional Overwrite option.
Restored data retains its original permissions. The ACLs are restored after the permissions are restored.
- Click Immediate from the Job Initiation tab.
- Click OK.
You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller window of the CommCell Console.
- Exit and reboot the computer.
If you have installed to a new server where the mount points may be different, be sure to edit the fstab and mtab files in the restored /etc directory to match the new server. Also, be sure to edit the /boot/grub/menu.lst file to match the new configuration. If there are hardware changes, be sure to reboot to single user first so that you can add new drivers to the operating system if needed.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 8:06:50 PM