Full System Recovery of Image Level Client: Restoring the Disk Image or Volume
- This product is deprecated in this release. This functionality is now available using block-level backup.
- New installations for this product are not supported in this release. Upgrade is supported to perform restores only. For instructions on transitioning from Image Level on UNIX to block-level backups, see Transitioning from Image Level on UNIX Agent to Block-Level Backups.
See Deprecated Features, Products, and Platforms for information on deprecated products.
Rebuild the operating system in the event of a disaster.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client>.
- Right-click <Image Level>, and then click All Tasks |Browse and Restore.
- In the Restore Options dialog box, select the Volume Level Browse (Restore the disk image/volume) check box.
- Click View Content.
- In the Client Browse tab, select the volume to be restored and click Recover All Selected.
- In the Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box:
- Click Physical Volume
- Select the name of the client computer from the Destination Client list.
- Click in the Destination Volume column under Restore Paths & Destinations to select the Disaster Recovery volume path to restore the lost data
- Select the desired volume from the Destination Volume list
- Click Apply
The Disaster Recovery folder is created during the CommServe Installation. While performing a full backup, all the dump files are stored in this folder.
- Select Immediate from the Job Initiation tab and click OK.
You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller window of the CommCell Console.
- Exit and reboot the computer.
Last modified: 9/5/2018 6:25:58 AM