Recovering Macintosh File System Data on Mac OS X v10.7 or 10.8
Recover the entire file system data to the same or different client in the event of a disaster.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | File System.
- Right-click the defaultBackupSet and then click All Tasks |Browse and Restore.
- In the Restore Options dialog box, click the AdvancedOptions tab.
- Select the Starting Path check box and type "/" as the path to restore the entire content.
- Click ViewContent.
- Click Recover All Selected.
- Clear the Restore to same folder check box.
- Click Unconditional Overwrite in the Overwrite Files area.
- In the Destination Client list, select the client name.
- Click Browse and set the restore directory to /Volumes/HD.
- Click OK.
- Click Immediate from the Job Initiation tab.
- Click OK.
You can monitor the progress of the restore job in the Job Controller window of the CommCell Console.
What To Do Next
- After the restore completes, open a Terminal window and from the command line as root and make the newly restored root bootable using the bless command.
bless -folder "/Volumes/HD/System/Library/CoreServices" -bootefi
- Go to System Preferences and select Startup Disk in the System area.
- Select the restore disk. For example Macintosh HD
- Restart the computer.
The system boots to the newly restored root. The mini_root partition should now be mounted as a secondary disk.
- Remove the mini_root partition and resize the Macintosh HD partition to use the entire disk.
- Navigate to Finder | Applications | Utilities, and run Disk Utility.
- Select the primary disk and then click the Partition tab.
- Select the mini_root partition by clicking on the mini_root box in the Partition Layout pane, and then click -.
- Click Remove on the confirmation dialog.
- Resize the Macintosh HD partition to utilize the full disk.
- Click Apply. This might take some time to complete.
Last modified: 10/13/2017 10:34:21 AM