Enabling NDMP on NetApp File Server
To perform full system recovery of NAS data, make sure that NDMP is enabled on the file server.
Before You Begin
Complete the following tasks:
- Rebuilding the Original NAS File Server (if restoring to original NAS file server.
- If restoring to a new NAS file server,
- Configure a new NAS file server. Refer to the hardware vendor's documentation for step-by-step instructions.
- Adding a new NAS client
Option 1: Command Line
- From a file server command line, run the ndmpd on command.
- Edit the /etc/rc file on the file server and add the command to the end of the file. This ensures that NDMP will be enabled each time the file server is rebooted.
Option 2: Web Browser
- From a standard web browser, enter the URL: http://filername/na_admin.
- Login using your login and password.
- Select NDMP.
- Click Enable NDMP.
NDMP is now enabled and will start automatically each time the file server is rebooted. You can also configure CIFS shares and NFS exports.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 8:05:56 PM