Recovering NAS Data
You can recover the NAS data to the original or new NAS File Server.
Before You Begin
- If you plan to run an in-place full system recovery, match the volume/file system structure of the original file server.
- If the target computer is to have the same fully-qualified network name as the original, the target computer must have the same login and password as the original.
- If your file server is connected to a library, the original physical connections between the file server and library should match.
- Make sure the following tasks are performed:
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to client > NDMP.
- Right-click the default backup set from the original file server, and then click All Tasks > Browse Backup Data.
- Click OK.
- Expand the default backup set node in the left pane. Select the data you want to restore.
Caution: For NetApp file servers, do not restore data to the /, /vol/vol0/ or /etc directories. Doing so will overwrite your configuration data. If /vol/vol0 contained user data that must be restored, restore the qtrees or subdirectories individually.
- Click Recover All Selected.
- If you would like to restore the data to the same path from which it was backed up, click OK.
If you would like to restore data to a different path, clear the Restore to same folder check box and specify the destination path by clicking Browse.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 9/13/2018 2:09:11 PM