Restoring Documentum Components
Use this task to recover Documentum components during a disaster recovery.
Before You Begin
- If using a distributed server setup, ensure the correct Agent is installed on the additional computer (e.g., Oracle Agent for the Oracle database or the Unix File System Agent for storage areas). This computer also needs a rebuilding of the Operating System as well as the same patches that were previously installed. Ensure this computer also has access to and can communicate with the CommServe computer. Repeat this for every computer in your distributed environment.
- Ensure that the destination client is same as source client while performing a disaster recovery.
- Make sure to restore the configuration files before performing a disaster recovery.
- Install the same Unix operating system with the same patches that were previously installed.
- Configure the system with the same networking parameters and passwords that were previously set.
- If you are not using DNS, set up peer-to-peer communication with the CommServe. Edit the host file to include the CommServe name.
Note: It is recommended to reinstall the Documentum Content Server software and Full-Text Index software (optional), to ensure the integrity of the application software.
- For Oracle database, start the database in the NO MOUNT mode using the Oracle Pfile.
- Using the Documentum Agent on the CommCell Browser:
- Right-click the Documentum instance that contains the database you want to restore and recover and select All Tasks.
- Click Browse and Restore.
- Click View Content.
- The Browse window is displayed, containing data objects such as database, storage area, full-text index and consists of two parts:
- The left pane displays the object tree at the selected level.
- The right pane displays the contents of the selected object tree.
Note that the window displays only the data that was obtained by a data protection operation. Data that is excluded by a filter, or data which did not exist as of the specified browse time does not appear in the window.
- In the right pane of the Browse window, click the <Instance> and select all the entities.
Click Recover All Selected.
- From the Storage Area and FTI tab and the Database tab in the Documentum Restore Options dialog box, select the required options.
Note: Do not select any option from the Database tab for the SQL database.
- Click on the Advanced button and verify the all the required options are selected.
- Select the appropriate option to begin or schedule the restore, then click OK.
Once the job begins, the system will perform a full restore of the selected data, and you can track the status of the job in the Job Controller.
Last modified: 10/13/2017 10:34:31 AM