Restoring Database Components
Use this task to recover the database components during a disaster recovery.
Before You Begin
Note: It is recommended to reinstall the Oracle database to ensure the integrity of the application software.
- For Oracle database, start the database in the NO MOUNT mode using the Oracle Pfile.
- Using the Documentum Agent on the CommCell Browser:
- Right-click the Documentum instance that contains the database you want to restore and recover and select All Tasks.
- Click Browse and Restore.
- Click View Content.
- The Browse window is displayed, containing data objects such as database, storage area, full-text index and consists of two parts:
- The left pane displays the object tree at the selected level.
- The right pane displays the contents of the selected object tree.
Note that the window displays only the data that was obtained by a data protection operation. Data that is excluded by a filter, or data which did not exist as of the specified browse time does not appear in the window.
- In the right pane of the Browse window, click the <Instance> and select all the entities.
Click Recover All Selected.
- From the Storage Area and FTI tab and the Database tab in the Documentum Restore Options dialog box, select the required options.
Note: Do not select any option from the Database tab for the SQL database.
- Click on the Advanced button and verify the all the required options are selected.
- Select the appropriate option to begin or schedule the restore, then click OK.
Once the job begins, the system will perform a full restore of the selected data, and you can track the status of the job in the Job Controller.
Last modified: 10/13/2017 10:34:31 AM