Full System Recovery of Notes Database: Rebuilding the Operating System
In the case of a disaster recovery, where a full system restore is required, you must first rebuild the system to exactly the state as it existed before the problem.
Before You Begin
The version of IBM Domino on the computer to which you are restoring must be the same as when the backup took place, since there may be differences in the log file structures of different versions.
- Rebuild the hardware, if needed.
- Install the same version of the operating system with the same patches that were previously installed.
- Install the File System Agent on the client.
- Perform a full system restore of the File System Agent.
- This will restore the Notes Database application files and all of the Agent software. If there are any problems with the Notes Database Agent, we recommend that you un-install and re-install the software in the same drive as it was previously installed. Use the same installation parameters, passwords, and backup type settings as were previously used. In addition to restoring your operating system, this operation will restore the IBM Domino application files and the Notes Database Agent.
- After the File System restore job, the computer reboots. Do not start the IBM Domino application. If Domino is configured as an automatic service, stop the server.
What To Do Next
Continue with the IBM Domino Recovery.
Last modified: 9/6/2018 7:37:42 PM