Full System Recovery of MySQL Database: Rebuilding the Operating System
In the case of disaster recovery, where a full system restore is required, you must first rebuild the system to exactly the state as it existed before the problem.
- If necessary, rebuild the hardware.
- Install the same version of the operating system with the same patches that were installed previously.
- Restore the entire MySQL Server.
- Install the File System Agent on the client.
- Perform a full system restore of the File System Agent.
This restores the MySQL application available under the <mysql install> directory. If there are any problems with the MySQL Agent, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the software on the same drive where it was installed previously. Use the same installation parameters, passwords, and backup type settings that were used before. This operation restores the operating system, the MySQL application files, and the MySQL Agent.
- Restart your computer.
Note: If there are any problems with the MySQL Agent software, we recommend that you uninstall, and then reinstall the software on the same drive where it was installed before. Use the same installation parameters, passwords, and backup type settings that you used before.
- Create an instance on the destination host. Make sure that you use the same parameters that you defined for the instance before the system failure.
- On the destination host, start the instance, and then stop it.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 8:06:11 PM