Properties of DB2 Instance (Storage Device)
When you create a new instance, use this tab to add the details of the instance.
For an existing instance, use this tab to view or change the storage policy used to back up data via the command line for the selected instance, select a storage policy for backing up logs on the selected instance, select a data transfer options for the selected instance or view or establish the options for Deduplication on the subclient.
- Default Storage Policy
Specifies the default storage policy for the selected instance. You can use this space to select another storage policy. Click Data Paths to administer data paths for the storage policy. A changed storage policy will apply only to new subclients (i.e., those subclients that you subsequently create).
Command Line Backup
- Storage Policy used for Command line Backup
- When you create a new instance, specify the storage policy used for command line backups and restores
- For an existing instance, you can use this space to select another storage policy. A changed storage policy will apply only to new command line backup jobs (i.e., those command line backup jobs that you subsequently start).
- Data Paths
Click to display the details of the data paths associated with the primary storage policy copy of the selected storage policy.
- Storage Policy for All Log Files
- When you create a new instance, specify the storage policy used by the subclients in this instance to back up archive log files.
- For an existing instance, you can use this space to select another storage policy. A changed storage policy will apply only to new backup sets (i.e., those backup sets that you subsequently create).
Data Transfer Option
Select the software compression to be used for "Command Line Backup" in case hardware compression is not available or not selected on the destination storage policy copy.
- On Client
Use the client's software compression functionality.
- On MediaAgent
Use the MediaAgent's software compression functionality.
- Use Storage Policy Settings
Click to use the settings enabled on deduplicated storage policy copy.
This option applies when the subclient is associated with a storage policy copy that is deduplicated. See Copy Properties (Deduplication) - Advanced tab for compression settings on deduplicated storage policy copy.
Do not use software compression.
Note that hardware compression has priority over the software compression. Hardware compression is established in the Data Path Properties dialog box. The above software compression option will take effect when the data path is associated with a disk library, or when hardware compression is disabled in the data path associated with tape libraries.
Note: For non-deduplicated storage policy copy, select On Client or On MediaAgent options to turn on compression, depending upon your environment.
- Resource Tuning
Specify the number of processes (1-4) that the client uses to transfer data. Improvement in performance is resource dependent.
Throttle Network Bandwidth (MB/HR)
Specify the number of processors from available options. By default, this is set to 500. The minimum value is 2 and the maximum is 2147483647.
Use this tab to establish the options for deduplication on the subclient.
Use this option to enable or disable deduplication for the subclient.
When enabled, you can choose to generate the signature (a component of deduplication) on the client or on the MediaAgent computer.
- The deduplication is supported on disk storage devices. Therefore, the deduplication options are applicable only if the subclient is associated with a storage policy containing disk storage.
- For source-side deduplication, the signature generation always occurs on the client.
Click to enable signature generation on the client computer.
Click to enable signature generation on the MediaAgent computer.
Last modified: 3/4/2019 10:29:03 PM