Configuring the Bootable USB drive
As of Version 11 SP10, Commvault does not sell the A600, A410 or the A210 Appliance anymore. You can purchase the HyperScale 1.5 Appliance instead. For more information, see HyperScale 1.5 Appliance.
To download the backup image of the Commvault Appliance A600 from the cloud storage location, you must configure the bootable USB drive.
Before You Begin
Ensure that the RAID groups are configured. For more information, see Configuring RAID on The Disk.
- Connect the USB drive to a computer.
- Open the command prompt and type the following commands:
diskpart> list disk
- Verify the disk number of the USB drive and type the following commands:
sel <disk number>
create partition primary
select partition 1
format fs=ntfs quick
Where: assign will assign a drive letter to the volume.
- Open a Web browser, and then go to https://cloud.commvault.com.
- Click Member Login.
- In the Cloud Services window, enter the user name and password, and then click Login.
- Download the latest version of CVApplianceA600 zipped folderon to the local computer.
- Extract all the content on the local computer.
- From the extracted content of the CVApplianceA600 on the local computer, copy the bootsect.exe to the bootable USB drive and run the bootsect.exe /nt60 command on the formatted drive.
For example: bootsect.exe /nt60 <DriveLetter>
- From local computer, copy all the remaining contents of the extracted CVApplianceA600 folder to the bootable USB drive.
What to do Next
After configuring the bootable USB drive, reimage the Commvault Appliance A600. For more information, see Reimaging the Commvault Appliance A600.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 10:00:40 PM