Configuring RAID on the Disk
As of Version 11 SP10, Commvault does not sell the A600, A410 or the A210 Appliance anymore. You can purchase the Commvault HyperScale Appliance instead. For more information, see Commvault HyperScale Appliance.
After attaching the new disk to the server, you must configure two RAID groups. One RAID group is dedicated to the operating system and applications and the other RAID group is used for the Commvault deduplication database.
Before You Begin
Ensure that the disk is attached to the appliance server. For more information, see Verifying the Racking and Cabling Commvault Appliance A600.
- Boot the appliance server, press the F5 function key and run the HP Smart Storage Administrator utility.
The HP Smart Storage Administrator starts.
- Select Smart ArrayP420i Embedded Slot.
- In the Smart Array P420i window, select Configure.
- Verify that there are no RAID groups (Arrays) configured on the server.
- In the Smart Array P420i window, select Create Array.
- In the Select Physical Drives for the New Array window, select to configure the first 4 disks in the first RAID set, and click Create Array.
- In the Create Logical Drive window, under RAID Level, select RAID 5 and retain other default settings.
- Click Yes to continue the SSD Over Provisioning Optimization process on the physical drives.
Note: This process might take approximately 1 minute.
- The window confirms that the logical drives were successfully created.
- Verify the settings and click Finish to create the RAID set.
The Smart Array P420i window displays 1 RAID Array under the Controller Configuration Summary.
- Repeat steps 5 through 10 to create the second RAID set to host the Commvault deduplication database.
The Smart Array P420i window displays 2 RAID Arrays under the Controller Configuration Summary.
- Click Exit to close the Smart Storage Administrator and then click OK.
- Click the power icon and select Reboot to restart the system..
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to log on to Windows.
- In the Administrator box, type appliance@cv1 and press Enter.
- Click No to postpone the discovery of networks and peripheral devices.
- Close the Commvault wizard .
- From the Windows Start menu start the Server Manager.
- On the ribbon, click Tools > Computer Management.
- In the Computer Management window, under Storage, select Disk Management.
- In the Initialize Disk window, click Cancel to stop the initialization process.
- In the Computer Management window, the bottom panel displays the available disks.
Right-click the disk with 1341.30 GB Unallocated volume and click Initialize Disk.
- In the Initialize Disk window, click OK.
- Right-click the volume for the disk with 1341.30 GB and click New Simple Volume.
- The New Simple Volume Wizard starts.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- Verify the default settings and click Next.
- On the Assign Drive Letter or Path page, select Assign the following drive letter, select E and click Next.
- On the Format Partition page, in the File System list, select NTFS.
In the Volume label box, enter DDB, and click Next.
- Verify all the settings and click Finish to format and initialize the E drive.
What to do Next
After configuring the RAID sets, configure the bootable USB drive to reimage the Commvault Appliance A600. For more information, see Configuring the Bootable USB Drive.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 10:00:38 PM