Creating a Subclient to Back Up Data on the Source Computer
Create a subclient to back up data on the source computer.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > source_client > File System > backup_set.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
- In the Subclient Properties dialog box, specify the following properties:
- In the Subclient Name box, type a name.
- On the Content tab, click Browse to select the destination path specified in the replication pair, and then click Add.
- On the Storage Device tab, in the Storage Policy list, click a storage policy name to associate with the subclient.
Tip: To create a new storage policy, click Create Storage Policy and follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard.
- On the Filters tab, under Exclude these files/folders/patterns, click Add to add all the temporary file extensions that you wish to filter from the backup job so that they are not restored back to the source.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 1/12/2018 12:20:44 PM