Restoring a MySQL Instance to the Same Host
By default, the software restores a database instance to the same location from where it was backed up. You can also restore an instance to a different MySQL instance.
This restore leaves the database in an online state.
Note: Do not use this method to perform a partial restore on databases. For instructions to perform a partial restore, see Restoring MySQL Tables to the Same Host.
Before You Begin
- The file permissions for the staging directory must be set to 777.
- Verify that the MySQL server is offline. If you attempt to restore while the server is running, the software will notify you to shut down the server and then resume with the restore. The data part of the backup is then restored to the data directory of the server. Then, as part of the Transaction Log restore, the server is brought online and the logs are applied.
- Revert restore operation is supported only for hardware snap engines.
- When you perform a revert restore operation, make sure that the volume is not in use.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > Client > MySQL > Instance.
- Right-click the subclient, and then select Browse and Restore.
- On the Browse and Restore Options dialog box, click View Content.
For more information, see Browse and Restore Data.
- From the Browse window, select the data that you want to restore, and then click Recover All Selected.
The MySql Restore dialog box is displayed.
- Optional: To restore this MySQL instance to a different instance on the same client, from the Destination Server list, select the name of the destination instance.
- Click OK.
- You can also perform a full instance restore from the instance level by either selecting Restore MySql Server or Browse and Restore:
- If you select Restore MySql Server, from the Data Path tab of the Advanced Restore Options dialog box, select a Linux MediaAgent before running the restore operation.
- If you select Browse and Restore, from the Advanced Options tab of the Browse and Restore Options dialog box, select a Linux MediaAgent before running the restore operation.
- Do not use root directory as a staging location.
Last modified: 3/26/2020 11:43:42 AM