Performing a Block-Level Full Backup for PostgreSQL Databases
When you perform a block-level full instance backup, the entire volume where the PostgreSQL data directory is mounted is backed up, irrespective of the files available on the volume.
For subclients with block-level backups enabled, you can switch to traditional backups if your requirements change, but the next backup after the switch is always a full backup.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > Client > PostgreSQL > Instance > FSBasedBackupSet.
- Right-click the subclient that you have configured for performing a block-level backup, and click Backup.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, select Full as the backup type.
- In the Job Initiation section, choose whether to run the backup job immediately or schedule it.
- Click OK.
- The Job Controller displays the full backup job as Snap Backup. After the full backup job is complete, log backup job starts automatically.
You can view detailed information about a backup job, such as the objects that were backed up or the backup option used. For more information, see View Details of a Block-Level Backup Job.
- To move snap to media, perform a backup copy operation. For more information, see Backup Copy for IntelliSnap Backup.
Last modified: 8/9/2018 5:44:16 AM