SAP Oracle Instance Properties (General)
Use this dialog box to define a new instance or view the properties of an existing instance.
Displays the name of the client computer on which this instance is found.
Displays the name of the billing department defined in the software.
Displays the name of the DataAgent to which this instance belongs.
Instance (ORACLE SID)
- When you create a new instance (Oracle SID), type the name of the instance.
- For an existing instance (Oracle SID), the name of the instance is displayed.
For an existing instance, the version of Oracle on which the DataAgent was installed or upgraded on the client computer is displayed.
Specifies the user name to access the Oracle application on a Unix client from the CommCell Console.In order to perform backup and restore operations for the associated instance, use <SID_name>adm.Make sure that the user has administrator privileges to access the Oracle application.
Displays the user name to access the Oracle application on a Windows client. Click the Change button and provide the user name and password in the Impersonate NT User dialog box.
The following table describes the user privileges required by the SAP Oracle iDataAgent:
The User Account Should Be:
On Unix operating systems, specifies the Oracle User account under which the Oracle backups will be conducted.
- When you create a new instance, enter or click Browse to specify the path to the application's Home directory.
- For an existing instance, the path to the application's Home directory is displayed.
SAP DATA PATH
- When you create a new instance, enter or click Browse to specify the path containing SAP data files and log files. This path can be obtained from the SAP server environment variables.
- For an existing instance, the path to the SAP data files and log files is displayed.
For an existing instance, the status of the oracle database is displayed. Generally, the oracle database states are Open, Mounted, Started or Shutdown. Click Refresh to know the current status of the database.Description
Use this field to enter a description about the entity. This description can include information about the entity's content, cautionary notes, etc.
Save As Script
Click to open the Save As Script dialog, which allows you to save this operation and the selected options as a script file (in XML format). The script can later be executed from the Command Line Interface using qoperation execute command.
When you save an operation as a script, each option in the dialog will have a corresponding XML parameter in the script file. When executing the script, you can modify the value for any of these XML parameters.
Last modified: 2/26/2019 10:31:13 PM