Create OpenStack Client
Use this dialog to create a virtualization client for an OpenStack keystone node. A virtualization client provides an administration point for backups and restores of instances available through a keystone node.
Client Name: Enter a descriptive name for the OpenStack keystone node.
Keystone Address: Enter the fully qualified host name or IP address for the keystone node.
If there are multiple endpoints for the keystone URL, use the public endpoint.
- If the endpoint uses a port other than 5000 or if the endpoint listening on port 5000 is not configured to authenticate the user, enter the full keystone endpoint URL. The endpoint URL must be able to authenticate the user logon credentials, and can be the public or admin URL.
- The OpenStack proxy also communicates with the Cinder, Glance and Nova service endpoints. The URL and ports can be listed by running the
openstack endpoint listcommand. If there is a firewall, the ports and URLs listed for the Cinder, Glance and Nova services should be allowed access from the proxy.
User Name: Enter the user name for a user account that has administrator credentials for the keystone node.
Note: If a domain is configured in the OpenStack environment, select OpenStack Domain User and then enter the domain for the keystone node user.
Password: Enter the password for the user name.
Confirm Password: Re-enter the password for the user name.
Storage Policy: From the Storage Policy list, select a storage policy to associate with the virtualization client. The storage policy you select is also associated with the default subclient that is created automatically for the virtualization client.
- To add a proxy, click Add; then select one or more proxies from the Exclude list, click Include or Include All, and click OK.
The list displays all the clients that have the Virtual Server Agent installed and all the client groups. You can select one or more clients or client groups. When you select a client group, ensure that at least one client in the group has the Virtual Server Agent installed.
- To remove a proxy, select it in the Clients / Client Groups area; then click Remove and confirm the removal.
- To change the order of proxies, select a proxy in the Clients / Client Groups area; then click the up or down arrow to move it to the desired position.
Clients / Client Groups: This area shows the current list of proxies associated with the virtualization client.
The first proxy for a client acts as a coordinator to allocate jobs to other proxies.
Save As Script
Click to open the Save As Script dialog, which allows you to save this operation and the selected options as a script file (in XML format). The script can later be executed from the Command Line Interface using qoperation execute command.
When you save an operation as a script, each option in the dialog will have a corresponding XML parameter in the script file. When executing the script, you can modify the value for any of these XML parameters.
Last modified: 5/27/2020 1:54:39 PM