You can define rules to automatically select virtual machines for backup. Use this dialog box to define or edit rules for automatic virtual machine selection. You can define a single rule or a group of rules.
You can use the following options for each rule:
Select this option to select objects such as hosts or storage. Click to browse the inventory and select the required object.
Click this button to add more rules to the rule group
- Click this button to delete a rule from the rule group.
Use the following operators when defining rules:
- Equals - Select this operator to include instances or images.
- Does Not Equal - Select this operator to exclude instances or images. You can use this operator only when you are defining more than one rule.
When you are defining multiple rules, you can choose how to combine the rules:
- Match <all> of the following rules
This option is selected by default when you are defining multiple rules. By default, the AND condition is applied to all rules in the Rule Group.
- Match <any> of the following rules
Select this option to apply the OR condition to all rules in the Rule Group.
You can select the following types of objects to define rules:
Select this option to define a rule based on a display name pattern.
Specify the display name or enter a pattern using wildcards. For example, type Test* to identify instances or images for which the name begins with "Test".
SNot supported. Do not use this option.
Guest DNS Hostname
Not supported. Do not use this option.
Select the power-on status of the instances or images to be included:
- Powered On: Identify instances or images that are powered on.
- Powered Off: Identify instances or images that are powered off.
- Other: Identify instances or images with a different power-on status, such as Pause or Saved.
Last modified: 1/18/2019 3:26:55 PM