Snapshots can either be deleted using job-based pruning or from the list of displayed snapshots when browsing snapshots. Data Aging can also be used to define the retention rules and pruning of snapshots. Follow the steps given below to delete snapshots:
- Manual deletion of snapshots is not recommended. When a snapshot is deleted, it is no longer possible to perform data recovery operations from the snapshot copy. However, if a backup copy was created from the snapshot, data recovery operations can be performed from the backup copy.
- Ensure that the snapshot to be deleted is not mounted.
- For NetApp E-series PiT engine, the order to delete snapshots should be the oldest snapshot first.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > VMware vCenter Client > VMware.
- Right-click the backup set and click All Tasks > List Snapshots.
- Right-click the snapshot you wish to delete.
Note: Ensure all snapshots with the same Job ID are selected for a successful deletion operation.
- Click Delete.
- Enter the confirmation text string, erase snapshots.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 4/15/2020 5:27:46 PM