Setting the Total Running Time for Jobs
Select the Enable Total Running Time check box to set the total amount of time a job can run before it is terminated by the Job Manager. The total running time is the maximum elapsed time, in hours and minutes, from the time that the job is created. Some agents support committing backup jobs when the backup job is terminated. For information on committing a backup job when it is terminated, see Killing a Job in the Job Controller.
The following is the default behavior when Enable Total Running Time is selected:
- If a job is running when the maximum elapsed time is reached, the job continues running.
- If the job is not running when the maximum elapsed time is reached, the job is killed.
You can change the default behavior using the following options:
- Use the Kill running jobs when total running time expires check box to kill a running job when the maximum elapsed time is reached. See Killing Running Jobs When the Total Running Time Expires.
- Use the JMExcludeUserSuspensionTime additional setting to exclude the total time the job was in a suspended state from the total running time calculation. See Excluding the "Suspended" Time from the Total Running Time.
- For backup jobs: Use the JMMaximumAllowedTimeWithoutDataTransfer additional setting to run a backup job past the total running time if the backup job has transferred data within the last n minutes of the total running time. See Checking for Data Transferred After the Total Running Time Expires.
Last modified: 2/21/2020 10:15:52 PM