Changing the Path of the Job Results Directory
The Job Results directory stores the job result files created when a job is initiated. By default, the Job Results directory is created when the software is installed. By default, the path issoftware_installation_directory\iDataAgent\JobResults. You can specify a new path.
The Job Results directory cannot reside on a compressed drive or in the following folders:
- Log files folder
You cannot change the path of the Job Results directory for the following clients:
- Laptop clients
- Pseudoclients such as NAS clients or virtualization clients
To change job results for pseudoclients, change the path on the dependent backup nodes or on the proxy.
Before You Begin
- From the Job Controller, verify that no jobs (such as backups or restores) on the client are in progress. If a job is in the running or waiting state, use the Job Controller to suspend or kill the job before changing the path of the Job Results directory.
- Disable all activity on the client. For more information, see Enabling or Disabling Backups and Restores.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers.
- Right-click the client, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Job Configuration tab, in the Job Results Directory box, enter the new path.
- Click OK twice to close the properties dialog boxes.
After you change the path to the Job Results directory, all existing job results are copied to the new path.
What to Do Next
- After the job results are copied to the new path, you can delete the old Job Results directory.
- Enable all activity on the client.
Last modified: 5/4/2020 10:03:32 AM