Getting Started with Schedule Policies
When multiple clients or tasks require similar operations to be scheduled, you can create a schedule policy as a template and attach it to each of these clients (or client groups) and tasks in a CommCell.
By default, a system-created schedule policy for data protection is available for all agents in the CommCell. This schedule policy includes the schedules for the following:
- Full Backup, which runs every Friday at 6:00 P.M. CommServe computer's time zone.
- Incremental/Log Backup, which runs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 P.M. CommServe computer's time zone. Transaction Log backups occur for Lotus Notes subclients configured with transaction log content, and not for other agents.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Schedule Policies.
- Right-click the System Created (All Agent Types) schedule policy and click Edit.
- From the System Created (All Agent Types) dialog box, click the Association tab and then click the Edit tab.
Select the client computers under the Client Computers node.
- You can also select a client group under the Client Computer Groups node if you want to associate the policy to all the clients that belong to the group.
- When you associate a SAP MaxDB client, verify that the access information is configured in the client properties. For more information, see Creating a SAP MaxDB Instance.
- Click OK.
- The Schedule Policies tab will display the System Created (All Agent Type) schedule policy with the number of associated objects under the Associated Objects column.
- When the schedule is run, the Job Controller window will display the job as shown in the sample image.
- After the job is complete, view the job details from the Backup Job History tab.
- Right-click the schedule_policy and click View Jobs.
- From the Backup History Filter dialog box, click OK.
- From the Backup Job History tab, right-click the job and select View Job Details.
Last modified: 7/3/2019 11:23:10 AM